COVID RULES DURING YOUR VISIT
From the 1st of July we can organize shows for an audience up to a hundred people. Also the Effenaar will organize shows for up to a hundred people in the main hall. Here the 1.5 meter rule can be well guaranteed. Of course we follow all the guidelines. The safety of the employees, the artist and of course the visitor is central. That is why we have drawn up a number of guidelines so that you as a visitor can finally enjoy performances again.
Before the show:
- Buy your ticket online. Print your ticket, or download it to your mobile phone.
- Come on time. Because of the extra measures, it may of course take a little longer before you can enter the venue.
- Please read the measures carefully before your visit. Take note of the guidelines and protocols and any changes to them.
- Travel alone as much as possible and, in the case of public transport, out of rush hour as much as possible.
- Stay at home if you have a cold or flu. Also when a roommate has fever symptoms.
On arrival and during the show:
- Always follow the instructions of the staff.
- Keep 1.5 meters away from other visitors and staff.
- Always disinfect your hands when entering the hall and wash your hands thoroughly after visiting the toilet.
- Pay as much as possible without contact (pin or mobile).
- The cloakroom is unfortunately not in use. There are clothes racks in or near the hall to hang up your coat.
- No matter how nice it is to whistle on your fingers, sing along or shout, it does spread saliva. Make sure that the spread of any germs is kept to a minimum. And keep sneezing and coughing in your elbow.
- Limit your visit to the auditorium as much as possible to the duration of the concert. Of course we still have a terrace, where you can (safely) chat afterwards.
- In the restaurant, visitors keep a distance of 1.5 metres from each other. A maximum of 4 people are allowed to sit at a table, with the exception of an household.
- The restaurant works by reservation only.
- A questionnaire will be presented at the entrance and only persons without COVID-19 complaints or symptoms will be admitted.
- No staff will serve or clean up while visitors are seated at the table.
- Guests can pick up their dishes and/or drinks at the bar on demand.
- Use contactless means such as pin, credit card or mobile phone as much as possible during checkout.
The terrace is subject to exactly the same rules as the restaurant, only there is no need to make a reservation for the terrace.
De Effenaar can refuse visitors in case of suspicion of colds and/or flu. A purchased ticket is no guarantee of access. If it turns out that on the day itself the visitor (after questioning) has or has had symptoms of Covid-19, they will still be refused entry. The ticket is non-refundable.
If employees find that your behaviour is not appropriate, you will be alerted to this and asked to stop this behaviour. If this is not complied with, access may be denied. Damage caused to the stage by your actions in violation of these rules can be recovered from you.
The sanitary facilities can be used under strict conditions. You will be informed about this on the spot. Not all toilets may be in use.
For the extensive protocols (drawn up by the Vereniging van Nederlandse Poppodia en Festivals) we refer you to the website of the VNPF.
The house rules below have been drawn up to ensure the safety of our visitors. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in removal from the Effenaar.
- For dance shows there is a minimum age requirement of 18.
- For concerts there is no entry under the age of 16, unless you are accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Certain concerts are exempt from this rule, these concerts are 14+ without the accompaniment of an adult. These exeptions will be communicated on the event page.
Above ages are valid for every show, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Valid photo ID is required.
- Visitors may be searched and have their bags checked. Cooperation is mandatory.
- It is prohibited to trade or deal in soft- or hard drugs. The use of hard drugs is also not allowed.
- The Effenaar does not serve alcohol to people under the age of 18.
- The use or carrying of items that could be used as weapons and/or have been marked as dangerous is prohibited. This includes selfie sticks.
- Harassment in any way, shape, or form, will not be tolerated. The Effenaar defines harassment as, among other things: racist, fascist, sexist, insulting and/or discriminatory remarks, rude and/or aggressive behaviour, destruction of property, and violence. Please respect your fellow visitors, the Effenaar staff, and the building.
- It is prohibited to wear certain items of clothing that may disturb the peace at our events. I.e. motorcycle club vests or colors, sports club shirts, clothing with offensive prints, etc.
- Persons obviously under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused entry.
- There is CCTV monitoring throughout the venue. By visiting the Effenaar you consent to being recorded. In the event of a calamity, the footage may be shown to third parties, such as the authorities.
- Animals are not allowed, with the exception of guide and assistance dogs.
- It is not allowed to bring outside food or drink into the venue.
- It is not permitted to take glasses, plastic cups, or bottles outside, regardless of alcohol content.
- Backpacks and large bags are not allowed inside the venue. The maximum allowed size is 21x30x10cm.
- It is strictly prohibited to occupy a toilet stall with more than one person.
- The use of (professional) photography and/or video/audio recording equipment is not allowed without prior written consent from Effenaar staff. Wrongfully obtained recordings will be confiscated.
- Trading in goods inside or outside of the venue is strictly prohibited without express consent of Effenaar staff.
- In the interest of security, directions from Effenaar staff are to be followed at all times.
- Violation of these rules will result in removal from the venue, without the restitution of entry fees.
- Prior written consent is required for all promotional activities. It is not allowed to put up posters inside or on the outside of the building. Passing out flyers is only allowed when people are entering the building, prior to the event.
- At the Effenaar, the national non-smoking guidelines apply, which means that no smoking is allowed anywhere in the building, except in the designated smoking area(s). Violation of this rule will result in any fines incurred by the Effenaar being recuperated from the offender.
- Beware: The use of an electronic cigarette/E-smoker is only allowed in the designated smoking area(s).
- Sound over 85 dB(A) is produced in various spaces inside the Effenaar. The Effenaar does not accept any liability for negative consequences that your hearing may incur, nor for any other consequences. Visiting the Effenaar is completely at your own risk.
- Ear plugs are available for a fee at the cloak room. The Effenaar supports the I Love My Ears campaign.
- The Effenaar is not liable for any damage to, theft, or loss of items you leave in our cloak room, or their contents.