The house rules below have been drawn up to ensure the safety of our visitors. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in removal from the Effenaar.
- For dance shows there is a minimum age requirement of 18.
- For concerts there is no entry under the age of 16, unless you are accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Certain concerts are exempt from this rule, these concerts are 14+ without the accompaniment of an adult. These exeptions will be communicated on the event page.
Above ages are valid for every show, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Valid photo ID is required.
- Visitors may be searched and have their bags checked. Cooperation is mandatory.
- It is prohibited to trade or deal in soft- or hard drugs. The use of hard drugs is also not allowed.
- The Effenaar does not serve alcohol to people under the age of 18.
- The use or carrying of items that could be used as weapons and/or have been marked as dangerous is prohibited. This includes selfie sticks.
- Harassment in any way, shape, or form, will not be tolerated. The Effenaar defines harassment as, among other things: racist, fascist, sexist, insulting and/or discriminatory remarks, rude and/or aggressive behaviour, destruction of property, and violence. Please respect your fellow visitors, the Effenaar staff, and the building.
- It is prohibited to wear certain items of clothing that may disturb the peace at our events. I.e. motorcycle club vests or colors, sports club shirts, clothing with offensive prints, etc.
- Persons obviously under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused entry.
- There is CCTV monitoring throughout the venue. By visiting the Effenaar you consent to being recorded. In the event of a calamity, the footage may be shown to third parties, such as the authorities.
- Animals are not allowed, with the exception of guide and assistance dogs.
- It is not allowed to bring outside food or drink into the venue.
- It is not permitted to take glasses, plastic cups, or bottles outside, regardless of alcohol content.
- Backpacks and large bags are not allowed inside the venue. The maximum allowed size is 21x30x10cm.
- It is strictly prohibited to occupy a toilet stall with more than one person.
- The use of (professional) photography and/or video/audio recording equipment is not allowed without prior written consent from Effenaar staff. Wrongfully obtained recordings will be confiscated.
- Trading in goods inside or outside of the venue is strictly prohibited without express consent of Effenaar staff.
- In the interest of security, directions from Effenaar staff are to be followed at all times.
- Violation of these rules will result in removal from the venue, without the restitution of entry fees.
- Prior written consent is required for all promotional activities. It is not allowed to put up posters inside or on the outside of the building. Passing out flyers is only allowed when people are entering the building, prior to the event.
- At the Effenaar, the national non-smoking guidelines apply, which means that no smoking is allowed anywhere in the building, except in the designated smoking area(s). Violation of this rule will result in any fines incurred by the Effenaar being recuperated from the offender.
- Beware: The use of an electronic cigarette/E-smoker is only allowed in the designated smoking area(s).
- Sound over 85 dB(A) is produced in various spaces inside the Effenaar. The Effenaar does not accept any liability for negative consequences that your hearing may incur, nor for any other consequences. Visiting the Effenaar is completely at your own risk.
- Ear plugs are available for a fee at the cloak room. The Effenaar supports the I Love My Ears campaign.
- The Effenaar is not liable for any damage to, theft, or loss of items you leave in our cloak room, or their contents.